Search The Bohemian Brewery Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cherny Bock in the East Village

Bohemian Cherny Bock
by Bohemian Brewery

So cherny means “black” in Czech. I think that’s exactly what I say in the video. It’s black. It looks like it’s going to be thick, but it’s not. You usually think of bocks as heavier beers, but this one is refreshingly thinner and easier to drink. Throw out your bock preconceptions, people. It’s a session Bock.

I said that I was going to get a Vespa in the video and in the blog post last week. I seriously don’t know how I am going to afford a Vespa, but I’m going to buy one, mark my words. I’m going to get two matching helmets so the girl I’m taking to the sexy West Village brunch spot can look cute (and be safe). Sign up in the comments section to be the girl in that fantasy. Be prepared to pay for gas. ;-)

Utah has some ridiculous laws about shipping beer. The three-tiered system in place probably helped at some point, but the laws put in place to protect the distributors might be hindering interstate commerce as far as beer goes. I always think the best thing to make sure you have control over something is to legalize it and tax it. You might be able to solve the debt problem by legalizing marijuana if you taxed it enough. I know one former president who would get behind that bill.

Have you had a Bohemian Cherny Bock? Let us know how you like it in the comments section! Please make sure to indicate whether you are just commenting on the beer or would like a Vespa ride, or both.

Just The Facts

Appearance: BLACK
Smell: Coffee, smoky, raisiny, faint floral
Taste: Nutty, like drinking a lightly carbonated cold black coffee
Mouthfeel: Medium bodied
Drinkability: Session Bock!

If you like this, you might like:

Rauchbier, Bock, Dopplebock

Where to find them online

Website
Facebook
Twitter

Cherny bock by bohemian brewery

No comments:

Post a Comment