Search The Bohemian Brewery Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Viennese Review

YAY! I just got my first hater! Here’s a video on haters that I think is very helpful to watch. I need more haters!

Here’s the post – it’s really long. The author only writes a post a month, so I guess that the length is warranted. I’d like to write one post a month… You know that writing is tough, yeah? Of course, you have sentences like these last three that are more stream-of-consciousness thoughts than writing. They’re easy to write and I’m finding a lot of my posts are filled with this.

Let’s take the alternative stance on my website right now. The stance that my website bad for brewers. It’s bad for the beer industry to participate in the site. It’s bad for beer with little exposure to buy content for a fraction of the price it would cost them to make it and ad space on a network of beer blogs that reaches 1,500 people a day. It’s bad for someone to watch, be entertained, and learn about a style or brand they may not have tried before. It’s bad to collaborate with other content producers and beer experts in making a show. It’s bad to just give the facts about the beer without telling people how you feel about it. It’s bad to market under appreciated craft beer. It’s bad to advertise for anything.

I know the author of that post is an intelligent guy, but click more than one page on my site before you start the name calling. From Wikipedia:

A shill or plant is a person who helps another person or organization to sell goods or services without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with the seller. The shill pretends to have no association with the seller/group and gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic independent customer.

How many different places to I have to say that I get paid for each spot? I only need 365 people to understand the business model to be successful. Right now, the people that are most enthusiastic about the site are distributors. Why? Because they actually sell beer to consumers. They have ad budgets. They have creative teams. They know what it takes to expand a brand. The brewers that are excited tend to be the younger, more social-media savvy, expansion-minded brewers. The brewers that think $0.10 a click is a pretty bleeping awesome price for an ad. The brewers that take note of the stacks of three-month old beer newspapers in the corners of darkened bars. Those brewers are pretty excited about the business model.

Those are the brewers I want to work with going forward. Thanks to my paid sponsor Bohemian Brewery for getting it.

Just The Facts

Appearance: Clear, deep orangey-gold, thick head
Smell: Floral, bright, slightly tart
Taste: Sour, sweet malty
Mouthfeel: Light body, light carbonation
Drinkability: Quaffable, clean finish

If you like this, you might like:

Lagers, Adjunct Lagers, Pilsners

Where to find them online

Website
Facebook
Twitter

viennese lager by bohemian brewery

Be the first to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment